Figaro

My kitten is litter trained but he still poops everywhere. What do I do?

My 1 year old kitten, Mittens, has been acting weird lately. He poops everywhere even though he is litter trained and neutered. The only change that we have had is that my aunt and cousin came 3 days before. They left yesterday, but Mittens is still pooping. I don't think it's because my cousin, because he is only 6 years old. Help!!??

Asked by Figaro on Jul 7th 2009 in Urine Marking & House Soiling

Best Answer

If Mittens was previously using his box without problems and suddenly stopped, he needs to go to his doc for a check. Take a stool sample along so it can be checked for worms. Also, cats do use their feces to mark their area. If your cousin chased Mittens, or if he was loud and boisterous as boys can be. Mittens may just be weirded out. Praise him when he uses the box. Say nothing when you pick up the poop. Wash the area he pooped with Nature's Miracle to kill the scent.

Izadore (Izzie) answered on Jul 7th.

Answers

smudge

i know this one...what you could do is cover the floor with news paper where she poops
the most or take her to vet she might have worms or paricites sox had that once when he was a kitten and she might still be 2 young ^___^
( =^_^= still she still might be training

smudge answered on 7/7/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer