my kitten is breathing heavy and has her mouth open sticking her tongue out, is this normal? what does this mean?

she is still very active and playful but is breathing very heavy

Asked by Member 867879 on Aug 15th 2009 in Kittens

Answers

If its just for a short time when she's been racing around playing she's probably just out of breath but if its all the time or she gets out of breath easiy thats unusual.

Cats normally don't pant like dogs do and it may be a health issue that you should get checked out by a vet. They'll be able to listen to her breathing and heart and make sure she's OK.

Baby

my cat does that too, i think it is a sign that they are tired, my cat is an indoor/outdoor cat and when it is hot outside he pants, is your cat an indoor cat, or outdoor?? Although my cat doesnt breath heavy, you should have her checked out.

Baby answered on 8/16/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer