my kitten is 8 months old and could have gotten pregnant today. Is she old enough to carry these babies safely?

Asked by Member 1157848 on Mar 3rd 2013 Tagged pregnancy in Health & Safety

Answers

Hey!! Don't worry!! she is capable enough to handle her babies!!
www.babyography.net.au

Yes she is. If she is pregnant, once she has her kittens weaned, I highly suggest that you get her spayed. If she's not pregnant, go ahead & get her spayed.

She is capable of handling a litter of kittens, however if she is a small cat and she tries to give birth to a large kitten, it may not go well. IMHO, I would take her to the vet to find out if she is indeed pregnant. If the vet says she is, I would have her aborted and spayed. I know my opinion is not a popular one and other Catsters may call me cruel and heartless, but there is an overwhelming overpopulation of homeless cats and kittens today. Shelters and rescues are full. There is no room and kittens given away "free" can wind up suffering a horrific life. Kittens cannot be weaned until at least 5 weeks of age and if your kitten is too young to know what to do, you will be VERY involved in the feeding, training and socialization of these babies. If you don't have her spayed after the litter is gone and she continues to get out or be let out, she will continue to produce more kittens. One pair of cats and their offspring can produce 10,000 more cats during their lifetime.