sinclair

My kitten has diarrhea is there any way to get rid of it naturally???

I don't want to deworm him.
How can I get rid of it naturally???
Only answer if you have good ideas please.
Don't just say oh you have to deworm him!
THANKS!

Asked by sinclair on Mar 9th 2009 Tagged dont, want, to, deworm, him, how, can, i, get, rid, of, it, naturally, only, answerifyouhavegoodideaspleasedontjustsayohyouhavetodewormhimthanks in Kittens

Answers

Okay, I won't say deworm him--because when my cats had roundworms (from their mother's milk--these were the cats I got from my breeder, and not my own cats), they did not get diarrhea. I only discovered that they had worms when Chibi puked and the puke moved. I don't know how severe Sinclair's diarrhea is. Harvey has cow patties unless I feed him hair ball control food for the extra fiber. But real, liquid diarrhea can dehydrate a cat and lead to death. At the very least, it means that something is not right. I still have to figure out what is wrong with Harvey--he's stabilized on his present food, but there's something not right there, and I have to go to a big vet university to get him checked out. Natural treatments for diarrhea? Sorry, but you have to go to the vet. You could have any number of medical conditions--we can't diagnose you here. On the other hand, changing the food, or feeding yogurt (which causes some cats to have soft stools, and firms up others) can help.

Chibi answered on 3/9/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

I agree with Chibi. Although your lengthy tag lines are impressive and you know what you DON'T want us to tell you, AND, Sinclair has the cutest kitty face I've seen in a long time, Sinclair's mom needs to remember that we aren't vets here and shouldn't guess over the anonymous Internet about what's wrong with him medically. If he has persistent diarrhea, it could be an infection in his digestive system in which case he needs to see the vet. It could also be stress, something he picked up and ate, or a parasitic infection (sorry, sorry.) Yogurt contains probiotics which can calm down the digestive system, but it's also dairy which can make it worse for Sinclair. Remember that kittens dehydrate very quickly. Give him plenty of opportunity to drink fresh water and keep an eye on him. If the diarrhea/loose stools persist, you'll have to take him to the vet.

Raza

I just googled worming a cat naturally and this is what I got...... ( but always... don't trust everything you read on the net. Use with caution), here are some answers to that question.....

www.thriftyfun.com

answers.yahoo.com

I would be wary of OTC (over the counter, ie sold in supermartkets etc.) worming tablets too. I would ask your vet clinic for advice and if you do purchase worming tablets I would purchase there.

Raza answered on 3/9/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Philbert

First of all, do you know he has worms? Diarrhea isn't only caused my worms. A kitten can have any things that causes him Diarrrhea. For a short term fi to try and soften up the stool, canned pure pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling) is supposed to be good, or pure sweet potatoes. I bought some babyfood 100% organic sweet potatoe before and mixed in a tiny pit of boiled chicken for him to eat once when he was having terrible terrible diarrhea. it helped a little but his was so bad he needed other stuff too.

You could also try a probiotic. You can find them at any pet store usually. They most often come in powder form that you mix in their wet food. It regulates the flora of thier intestines to hopefully settle down any problems they are having. If this diarrhea jsut came on, it could be from stress, quick change of food, or worms, in which case he probably needs to go to the vet and be dewormed. sorry, but if there are worms, they need to be dewormed.

Philbert answered on 3/10/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Atrus

You really need to specify the actual problem a bit more. Does he have full blown liquid diarrhea or are his stools just loose and soft? Actual diarrhea can dehydrate and kill a kitten fairly quickly and worms need to be taken care of. Obviously don't deworm if your kitten doesn't have worms, but to figure this out you need to see a vet, and soon.

If the stools are just a little less solid/formed than normal, you may try feeding plain yogurt or pureed pumpkin.

If it were me, I'd take the kitten (and a stool sample) to the vet. It costs like $30 for peace of mind, and it';s worth it.

Atrus answered on 3/10/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I won't tell you that you have to take him to the vet for a good wormer because you don't want to hear it...But I am sure you will miss him...I'm sorry.