my kitten has a hole in his tail with some maggots no money for the vet what should i do? Please help?

not even 1 year old im 12 and my kitten might die

Asked by cloud on Jul 31st 2008 in Other Kittens
Report this question Get this question's RSS feed Send this question to a friend


  • This question is closed.

Best Answer

Izadore (Izzie)

You can also contact a local rescue group. They are usually listed in the phone book or on the internet if you google "cat" or "animal" welfare groups in _____ (your hometown). Explain to them what happened. A lot of them have funds to help people who need it for their animals and can't pay much.

Good luck with Cloudy's care. Please let us know how it works out for you and him.

Izadore (Izzie) answered on Aug 1st.

Other Answers


Bella (In Loving Memory)

If you accept responsibility for a kitten you are taking sole responsibility for his health and well being. If you are unable to afford veterinary care for him then you should not have him.

I have no idea what you mean by "mages" did you mean maggots? Little white "worms"? Regardless the kitten has to be seen by a Vet. Period end of story. Try your local ASPCA or apply for care credit.

Bella (In Loving Memory) answered on 7/31/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Sassy (2001-2012)

You've got to get your kitten treatment as he's in pain and needs to see a vet to get the wound cleaned and get antibiotics. If your parents won't help you/pay for this try calling around local vets to see if any of them will help you for free. You may need to get your mother to make the calls for you so they will take this seriously. If that doesn't work try calling local cat rescue organisations as they may be able to help you get free/discounted vet treatment. You may have to surrender your kitten to them to get treatment.

The link to Cloudy's page isn't working so I can't see where you live. If you get this fixed other Catsters may be able to suggest local places you could call for help.

Sassy (2001-2012) answered on 7/31/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer


You absolutely MUST see a vet. The maggots will only worsen and then you are looking at more money and the possibility of not saving your cat. You need to borrow money if need be..a neighbor, friend, family member, something. You have no choice here...go to a vet NOW!!!!

Hunter answered on 7/31/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer


My page does not show "mages," it shows "maggots." Perhaps this was fixed afterwards by HQ? Please remember that the questioner is a 12 year old child. I had many pets when I was that age and fortunately my parents paid when the pet needed to see a vet. Our concern here should be for the cat's safety first, and not scolding the child in question. The horror of seeing a beloved pet suffer maggots (truly a disgusting sight) and the helplessness of doing anything about it should stay with this youngster throughout his/her life and make him/her thoroughly aware of the economic responsibilities of owning a pet. That being said, try the ideas offered by other posters--asking advice from shelters/the Humane Society, the SPCA, etc., or calling various vets and explaining the situation. Being only 12 years old and responsible enough to want to get medical care for your pet (why aren't your parents involved?) may open the hearts of people who can help you. Good luck.

Lola answered on 8/1/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

♥ Suey ♥

I'm so sorry you and Cloudy are having to go through this. It must be very scary.

The only thing that will help is vet attention, as soon as possible. Can your parents help you? Other family members or your friends? Maybe you could talk to your teacher about 'adopting' your kitty as a class kitty, and try to raise money that way?

You may have to consider surrendering your kitty to a shelter. Please don't think you are abandoning Cloudy by doing this- you could be saving his life.

Good luck.

♥ Suey ♥ answered on 8/1/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer