My kitten got outside in a rain storm. She has never been out. Will she come back?

Angel is 6 months old and I adopted her in dec. she was born to a faro cat and acts like one herself. She got out in a rain storm and has been gone 18 hrs now. We searched the whole neighbor hood all night and most of today. No sign of her. Today the temp has dropped dramatically and we have wind reaching to 50 mph. She is very little and weighs next to nothing. She is healthy tho. I'm really worried. What are the chances of her making it home? She is very skiddish and frighten easily. She does not like people and she will not let u pick her up. She only allows me to pet her.

Asked by Member 1149734 on Apr 19th 2013 Tagged lostcat in Kittens

Answers

Oh, dear. I am so sorry this happened. Even though they face so many dangers, feral cats are much happier outside than in. There's a good chance she's found herself a good hiding place and wont come out except to hunt. Being skittish, she wont allow herself to be grabbed and will only be captured if she is trapped. Keep in contact with your local animal warden (through your police department) and all the local shelters and vets. Print off photos or write a description of her and take the papers to the shelters and vets. Indicate that she is not to be approached or cornered, but you are to be called if she's sighted anywhere. I wish you the best of luck and outcomes. Let us know.