My kitten chases my other cat all day and runs and play with anything it finds and now all of a sudden she stopped.

My kitten chases my other cat all day and runs and play with anything it finds and now all of a sudden she stopped. She just sits and stares at me and the other cat and wants to sit in my lap all day and don"t play or fight with the other cat or anything. I plan to take to the vet but at the moment can't afford it. What's wrong with her. She's like the sweetest quiet thing when the past few weeks she was this little devil I couldn't control.

Asked by Member 1137023 on Oct 22nd 2012 in Socialization

Answers

Any time there is a sudden change in a cat's behavior, especially in the case of a kitten who suddenly stops playing, Catsters always suggest at least a call to your vet. Vets understand that everyone has financial difficulties now and are willing to work with you on payment plans. I've never seen one who will refuse to treat a sick kitty and it does sound like this baby has something going on. As cats mature, they slow down gradually, but when the slow-down is sudden, there's something wrong. Good luck and purrs to the baby.