My husband has been out of town on business for a week, and our cat is losing her mind.

Our four-year-old tabby is howling, terrorizing our older cat, and literally climbing the walls. My husband isn't coming back until Thanksgiving. What can I do to calm my cat down?

Asked by Member 1027773 on Oct 15th 2013 in Separation Anxiety

Answers

Try a pheromone diffuser, calming collar, calming treats and/or and natural cat calm spray, all available at pet stores. Keep her busier with treats like Greenies Smartbites or dental chews and a few new .99 cent toys. Interactive toys like the Cat's Meow or a laser game might distract her for a couple of hours a day also. There is a cat sitter dvd that is supposed to be entertaining if you leave it on for them during the day. Also talk to her and explain the situation (when she is sleepy and more apt to listen). ^_^