My formerly stray cat has lived inside our house for about five years, but has on occasion tried to run out the door.

A stray cat that we took in about 5 years ago has on occasion tried to run back outside. We have always managed to catch him and bring him back inside. This time he finally succeeded in running away from home. Will he ever return?

Asked by Member 1152043 on Jan 26th 2013 in Behavior & Training

Answers

Izumo

He might come back. I'm sure if you've taken good care of him for five years, he'll try to find his way back. There is a chance he could be lost, or possibly taken in by another person if he is friendly. Have you put up "lost cat" notices around town? You might need to go out looking for him or check your local animal shelter. Good luck finding him. My cat ran away for about 3 days once, but returned on her own.

Izumo answered on 1/27/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer