My female cat has one dilated pupil and its day time! What is wrong with her and how can i help?

My female cat Kayanne is 1 yr old. I noticed that she has a thing for eating lizards and this morning when she came inside the house one of her eyes is fully dilated! the other eye looks as it should (not dilated). Is something wrong with her? What should I do?

Asked by Member 1040225 on Jul 9th 2011 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Please take your cat to a vet IMMEDIATELY! It sounds as though there is something neurological going on. I am a nurse and if that were to human to a human, neurological problems are the first thing we look at. Please get your kitty some help ASAP! Don't delay! Hope she is okay. I will say some kitty cat prayers for her.

Toby

Agreed in full!

Your kitty definitely need a trip to the vet!

You mentioned nomming lizards as a "thing" of hers so she could have eaten someone that got into something unpleasant.

Has your kitty had any accidents lately? If she fell or ran into something she could have a concussion.

There may also be some neurological problem that is just showing up now.

Either way get your kitty to a Vet ASAP!

Good luck and we will also say some kitty prayers!

Toby answered on 7/9/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer