My female 14 year old cat just lost her male companion 3 days ago. what can I do for her. I am worried

Asked by Member 988601 on May 23rd 2010 in Separation Anxiety

Answers

Sadie/ In loving memory

Cats grieve and unlike humans they can't express it like us. Is she eating and drinking water? The best thing you can do is give her lots of extra love and attention. If you have always talked to her, then talk to her more. Keep an eye on her to see if she is eating and drinking, these two things are very important. Every cat is different so I don't know how long this grieving process will take but just give her lots of loving and keep an eye on her to see she eats and drinks and acts like herself. I am very sorry about your loss.

Sadie/ In loving memory answered on 5/23/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

So sorry for your loss! Part of your question got cut off, but it will take time to adjust to the loss and your cat is grieving too. Give her lots of love and attention. Keep an eye on her and make sure she is eating, drinking, and using the litterbox. If you are worried about her health, especially at her age, it wouldn't hurt to schedule a vet appointment - if nothing else, for your peace of mind. I would not consider adopting another cat or kitten until you and your cat have adjusted to this loss. That would just be more stress on your cat. Again, I'm so sorry for your loss.