My family love cats,the cat we have now ignores them but has a fixation on me,he leaves home in the morning when I leave

Physically there is nothing wrong with him, do I need to consult a vet on the matter?

Asked by Member 1155958 on Feb 19th 2013 Tagged puzzled in Behavior & Training

Answers

I'm not sure I understand your question. Cats are more likely to bond with one person rather than an entire family. They may tolerate the others in the family, but they chose one individual to truly bond with. I've noticed that outside cats are also more independant than house cats. If your family wishes to have a cat who is truly bonded with them, you can try adding another cat to your family ( a vet or a good shelter can advise you on how to do this and what steps must be taken to ensure a good relationship between both cats). Your family would have a better chance of bonding with the new cat if it was kept inside and around the family instead of being let out. Vets can help with behavioral issues as well as health issues, but I don't see any "issues" with your cat other than independence, and that's just being a cat.