Sophia-lily

my cats stomach is hard and lumpy

my cat sophia is a little overweight. Her stomach is weird, its kinda hard and lumpy. she acts like a normal cat. runs around plays eats! we control her diet now so that she be a huge problem anymore but im concerned about the way her stomach feels. she is spayed so no worries in that dpt. she is just otherwise completely healthy.

Asked by Sophia-lily on Jun 4th 2010 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

It could just be the equivalent of cellulite but get a vet to check in case its something more serious. Cats can get breast cancer/mammaray tumours which can be very serious if not treated early so its worth getting her checked out asap.

Gracie

This is something that a vet should check out and if the vet says it might just be constipation, I'd ask for an x-ray or blood test anyway to make sure nothing is wrong.

I have a friend who had a kitty with a stomach like that, and alleged kidney and diabetes problems. After a few weeks of being on insulin the kitty seemed to be doing better but my friend still sensed that something was wrong: kitty went back to the vet they did an X-ray that showed she had a large tumor in her intestines that had compromised the kidneys too. Despite seeming to be better, the kitty was probably in real pain, and had been pretending not to be that sick for a long time! She was put to sleep this weekend, there was nothing else to do at this point. :(

I'm not trying to scare you, just mentioning that if you have a concern, you should follow your instincts and get Sophia-Lily checked out to make sure she's not sick and pretending not to be.

Gracie answered on 6/6/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer