My cats leg is hurt. I think he just hurt it but he looks way worse than just a hurt leg.

Last Saturday I went to feed my cat and noticed a slight limp that he had. I didn't think anything of it because he is an out door cat and just thought he hurt him self out side a little. A few days went by and he started not going out. I noticed all he did all day is sleep on the couch. When i went to pick him up he made this painful wailing sound so i put him down and left him sleep. He looks worse now wont wake up, occasionally he turns over. and sometimes tries to go get food and ends up just laying on the floor. Im 16 and my mom doesn't want to take him to the vet because i dont think we can afford it? is there anything i can do for him at home. Will he get better? Im worried about him and just want to help him get better.

Asked by Member 777024 on Dec 6th 2008 Tagged hurtcat in Emergencies & First Aid

Answers

Your cat may have been hit by a car or fallen from a tree or any number of dangers that they face outside. He could have internal injuries. Your cat needs to go to the vet. If your Mom can't afford it, then maybe she can work out a payment plan with the vet. But it is not fair to make the cat suffer because of money.

Atrus

Unfortunately the cat needs to go to a vet. There is nothing you can do at home to fix whatever the problem is or ease your cat's pain. He may get better or he may not. If he does not die immediately, he may be stuck with a chronic limp or pain that will slowly develop into another problem. If your mother still refuses to take the cat to the vet, please considering finding him a new home so he can be taken care of.

Atrus answered on 12/6/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Hunter

Sounds like you are the responsible one in the family. Your mom needs to wake up to the fact that animals are living beings and need medical attention. Ask her what she would do if you were lying around with an injury for a week and then all of a sudden wouldn't even move or wake up. You are in a desperate situation here. Your cat needs to be seen on emergency. TODAY!!! NOW!!!! Your cats life can't afford to wait even one more day. If you truly can't afford to take care of the cat then please relinquish it to a humane society so it can get the care it deserves.

Hunter answered on 12/7/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer