Ellie

My cats have 5 sources of water but prefer to drink from the fresh water beta fish bowl with a plant in it. Is this Bad?

Why do they prefer this water over the others including a running bathroom sink.? Is Algae bad for cats?. One cat started it and now all are doing it. They have access to wheat grass daily for greens. I add water daily because, they drink so much, so its kind of clean. Should I cut them off of the fish bowl?????

Asked by Ellie on Aug 5th 2009 Tagged fishwater, drink in Other Food & Nutrition

Best Answer

It's only bad for the fish if he gets in the way. Nothing in the tank would be bad for the cats because it would also kill the fish. However, since it's obviously concerning you, you might want to try purchasing a "Drinkwell" or Petmate fountain for your kitties. Mine have one and although it can be a pain to clean, they LOVE the running water. I've noticed them drinking much more water than before. These fountains can be found at Petsmart or online.

Izadore (Izzie) answered on Aug 5th.

Answers

Licorice

I would think that your cats are drinking out of the fish bowl is because the fish is in it...Maybe they are just trying to get to the fish to eat it. I would recommend that you try to teach them that the fish bowl is off limits because kitties love to eat fish! And fish bowl water isn't the cleanest because your fish go to the bathroom in there.

Licorice answered on 8/5/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer