My cats hate each other, help! :(

I have a spayed female ragdoll who is 2 and half and a neutered male maine coon who is just over a year old now. I had my female ragdoll first and we decided to get a kitten.... they got on great at first, would sleep together, clean each other etc... etc... then we got the male neutered as I didn't want him spraying in the house and then the fun started... Ever since he was neutered my female cat has completely hated him, she will spit at him and moan as soon as he comes in he same room as her, at first they wouldn't even be in the same room together... now they are slightly better, he will attempt to play with her but she just hisses and runs off. We then got a german shepherd pup (my partners idea) and now my female cat is in love with our dog, will sleep with him, lick him and follow him around all day but still hates our male cat! The situation has gotten better since the dog, as the dog breaks them up and plays with them both (very cute). Will they ever like each other?

Asked by Member 1186449 on Aug 20th 2013 in Behavior & Training

Answers

Maybe not, but they are coexisting... which is a good sign. Let them be and work it out on their own. Little spats are fine as long as nobody is getting hurt or drawing blood. Make sure they have their own litter boxes and feed them separately if you can. The male cat can play and hang out with the dog, which is fine. ^_^