my cats got an operation on his teeth tommorrow what happens if he has eaten a few hours before

my cat has to have a operation to remove some of his teeth tomorrow and was told not to eat after 8pm but its midnight and hes just eaten a small amount of food behind my back what shall i do?

Asked by Member 1112998 on May 28th 2012 in Dental Care

Answers

contact your vet and see if you can reschedule for around 4 hr after the original time

Call your vet as soon as they open and let them know. You will need to re-schedule. It's very important kitty have an empty stomach going into surgery. They can vomit and aspirate (inhale) it coming out of anesthesia otherwise, which is very serious.