My cats going in for procedures.. what can i do so that my nurves ness and scared/sad wont effect him.. please help

My cats going for a procedur im scared,sad, nurvious. i dont want my cat to feel that from me

Asked by Member 1153481 on Feb 3rd 2013 in Other Kittens

Answers

You don't say what the procedure is, but it might not be a good idea to 'google' it as some of the health information on the Internet can scare you even more. I know how scary it can be when you take your much-loved kitty in for any sort of surgery. You can't explain to them what's going on and you feel guilty for putting them through it, The most important thing is to trust your vet. If you have a good relationship with them and an open line of communication, that's 3/4 of the "battle" so to speak. A good vet is willing to talk you through your fears and tell you exactly what's involved in the procedure. Cats are very perceptive when the people they own are anxious. You will need to talk yourself out of over-reacting. Don't let your imagination run away with you on all the bad things that could happen. Visualize the time AFTER the procedure, when your cat is happy and healthy, you can cuddle her, play with her and go back to normal. If you need to "talk", don't hesitate to pawmail me!