Puck

My cats fur is gone on the back of his heels

I just recently noticed my cat Pucks bottom of his feet (I guess the heel) are bare. The fur has rubbed off and the skin looks irritated. When he sits he has pressure on that area. Anyone have an idea as to what may be causing it? And is there anything I can do to help?

I have a photo of it linked here:
i1240.photobucket.com

Its on both back legs.

Thanks in advance!

Asked by Puck on Apr 8th 2014 in Other Grooming

Answers

If he is a kitten, show the vet the next time that you bring him in for shots (there are three required sets). If he is an adult, they could be callouses or rubbed off fur from walking outside. If the cat is only kept indoors, check for fleas, because feet are closest to the ground. Is he chewing his feet? Fleas are easily treatable; if you have carpeting, walk all around with white socks for an hour. If there are black dots on your soles, it's time to flea treat the carpet (and then kitty) for pests. ^_^