my cats fur is falling out

my cat fur keeps falling out and dont know whats wrong with her

Asked by Member 866205 on Aug 10th 2009 in Skin Problems

Answers

Please take her to the vet. We aren't vets here, just people who love cats. Your kitty sounds like she has a medical problem, which we wouldn't dare try to diagnose. If we were wrong and you didn't go to a vet, we would have made it worse, and depending on the severity of the problem, we wouldn't forgive ourselves. Please, I'm begging you, take her to a vet. That's the only way I can really help you.

Licorice

If it's in clumps,please take your kitty to the vet.If it is just when you pet the cat and the fur is coming off on your hands, your kitty is shedding.

Licorice answered on 8/10/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

OJ and Licorice are right. There is a whole long laundry list of why a cat's fur will fall out from fleas to ringworm to stress to allergies. There really is no way we could even attempt to guess without first seeing her, and even then, since we aren't vets here, we couldn't diagnose or prescribe treatment. If you are not able to afford a vet, many shelters and rescues know of vets who,in these trouble times, will treat at a lower cost or accept payments. But, she needs to be seen and treated to find out for certain what's wrong.