My cats bottom jaw moves up and down makes noise but not like when she sees prey.

When she moves her mouth it makes a clicking noise. Its moves up and down and appears to me that she can't control it

Asked by Member 1023511 on Feb 16th 2011 in Health & Wellness

Answers

If this happens at random times with no apparent motive behind it (like when you said she sees prey), then I would take her to her doctor's and ask about a seizure disorder. She may also have jaw problems--a friend of mine had a "clicking jawbone" and it turned out he ground his teeth at night (TMJ).

Marshall

When is she doing this? Is it when shes doing certain activities or eatin food or just random times?

I've had about 6 cats my entire life and they've all done this. Usually when they are playing, when they watch other animals, chase toys..things like that. If you are really worried, just call your vet, the tech on staff should be able to tell you whether you need to bring her in or not.

It doesn't sound like anything to worry about since every cat I have had has done it and they have all been very healthy and lived to be very old and gray but if you are concerned, give your vet a call.

Marshall answered on 2/16/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer