♥Eowyn, R.I.P.♥

My cats are missing, PLEASE HELP!!

My two cats (Gidget and Eowyn)have disappeared in the same month, and I'm suspecting that my neighbors (who hate our cats cause they walk on their cars) took them and poisoned them or something else!! What should I do?

Asked by ♥Eowyn, R.I.P.♥ on Nov 19th 2007 Tagged evilneighbors, missingcats in Other Laws & Legislation

Best Answer

Wolfie

Call animal control and tell them you lost your cat. They have a lost and found list. I would also visit the animal shelter incase they are sitting there waiting for you- animal control officers may not realize its your cat, its always better to check, but make sure you are on the list too!

Put up flyers around the neighborhood, with your cat's pictures- include sex, spayed or unspayed, weight, age, color description, name, fur lenght, collars? Make sure to put REWARD on the posters. If you can offer 100 dollars for the cats. Be sure to put "PLEASE CALL IF YOU HAVE EVEN SEEN THEM" on the poster. You may be able to figure out what neighborhood they are running through.

Someone also may have taken them inside thinking they were strays

Wolfie answered on Nov 20th.

Answers

PatPat

Without proof I am afraid there is probably little you can do. My only suggestion would be to keep the kits indoors where they will be safe, and if they truly adore the outdoors, make them a Kennel of sorts for outdoor time or let them walk on a leash (My bud Pooh Bear loves to go for walks on his leash)..
So sad that someone would do something to your cats, truly truly sad...

PatPat answered on 11/19/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

I'm so sorry that your cats are missing. That is very scary. One way to avoid this is to have only indoor cats. People seem to think that cats "need" to go out of doors, but they really don't. Outdoor cats have a short shelf-life, meaning many bad things can happen to them--hit by cars, poisoned, dog and coyote attacks, pick up diseases, etc. You can always have an investigation opened up by your local humane officer if you suspect that your neighbors did something bad to your cats. Your cats are beautiful--please keep them and any future cats inside and safe!

Trust me I had the same problem with the people aross the street there nabors saw them gasing the cats It trund out amost every one on the street who had a cat (like me)the cats were missing but saddly they moved befor anyone could press charges they killed two of my cats and my friend two houses down cared for the stays on our street 17 cats(not all at once) I one year!