my cat...female has blood around her ''thingie''...you know.......and she smells like pee too........ive been washing

my cat...female has blood around her ''thingie''...you know.......and she smells like pee too........ive been washing her once a day now for about 2 months..at first she didnt mind......but now she meows when i turn the warm spray back there........she also pees a lot in the box....small amounts....but a lot during the day......she eats a lot........drinks a lot of water......her tummy is kind of biggish.....round..????......im kinda poor.......the cats were my girlfriends....but she died....i told her id take care of them......im doing the best i can......under the surcumstances............thanx

Asked by Member 1117331 on Jun 24th 2012 in Illness & Disease

Answers

I would take her to the vet. It could be a long list of things.

She definitely needs a vet visit. She sounds like she may have a urinary tract infection or worse. If you're low on funds, contact your local animal shelter to see if they have any low-cost program that can help you or if they work with any vets who could work something out with you. You're doing your best, but you're cat is ill and needs help.

Nika

It does sound like she has a Urinary Tract Infection. The only way to clear it up is with antibiotics, and if it isn't cleared up, the infection can spread up into her kidneys and body and cause even worse problems!

Nika answered on 6/26/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer