Princess

my cat will not eat cat food, how do i get her to eat her food and not mine!!??

Asked by Princess on Oct 30th 2007 in Food & Nutrition

Best Answer

Pookie

Hi there!

Sounds like it just a matter of putting her in another room while you finish eating. My mom has a few cats that was in her face wanting what she had on her plate all the time! So, she did that for a few months and now they don't beg as much when they are around human food! Hope that helps!
Kisses!!!

Pookie answered on Oct 31st.

Answers

Don't let her beg for people food. Never let her see or smell people food. Keep her in another room when you eat and cook.

To get her to eat, warm up some canned cat food. Get a plastic spoon or tongue depressor. Put a chunk of the warm wet food on the utensil and gently scrape it onto the top of her mouth (you might have to hold her mouth open).
This is called force-feeding, but it is necessary for cats who won't eat. Unlike dogs, cats cannot fast for long periods of time without getting ill.

Always keep dry kibble and a can of cat food on the ground for her if she does decide to eat.
Since she is a kitten, you can also try adding in some warm Esbilac or other kitten milk into her kibble.

Princess Pennelope Prudence Fa

My Hoomans have to offer me a selection of cat food options -always check the label as they may try and sneak an inferior brand in the mix. I may then select the one I'll taste test to see if it will pass my standards. If not I will carry on until some hooman food is offered. If the food fails to meet the promise of the label I'll walk of in a snoot and scream! I love Hooman food but the Hoomans insist I need more vitamins and have to lower myself to eat the cat food!

Princess Pennelope Prudence Fa answered on 11/8/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Oreo

Oreo,When I first got him I had the same problem so what I did was I got a bit of canned food and put it on his fur where he could reech it so them he liked himself and he ate! Then he relized that canned food is actually better! Then he ate canned food. :)

Oreo answered on 11/11/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer