My cat will hop in the litter box put pee outside. Any new strategies to get a cat to pee inside the box?

My cat has not peed regularly in the litter box since his first UTI he was about 1. He has had several UTIs since then. The Vet thinks he is just prone to UTI's and stubborn. He use to be a feral cat but I found and tamed him as a kitten. He is fixed and I have another male fixed cat in the house. We have 4 very clean litter boxes of various sizes. All of them have at least 3 to 4 inches of litter deep. He will pee right outside or under shoes and rugs. I have had several rugs ruined and carpet soiled from him. I can't keep cleaning up urine! I love my cat but I've already put up with 2 years of this and I can't imagine a cat life time of this especially with a baby! I'm afraid I will eventually chose to just put him to sleep if he is still doing this when I have a baby.

Asked by Member 1147414 on Dec 30th 2012 Tagged peeingoutsidelitterbox in Urine Marking & House Soiling

There are no answers yet. You can:

• Be the first to answer this question!