My cat who is in heat has aclearish brown very thin discharge in the fur around her vagina. She has also been licking it a lot. Is this just from being in heat/mating/licking it or something serious?

My 3yr Persian cat (whom I adopted and was told by a vet she was spayed) went into a silent heat, and I only found out after I caught her mating. She is still in heat a week later and I have noticed clearish brown very thin discharge in the fur around her vagina. She has also been licking it a lot. Is this just from being in heat/mating/licking it or something serious? If she is pregnant I don't want to harm the kittens, but she will be spayed afterwards. Should I go to the vet? (I am able)

Asked by Member 1153055 on Feb 1st 2013 Tagged persian, vaginaldischarge, pregnancy, heat, mating in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

I certainly think that you should take her to the vet as soon as possible to find out exactly what is going on here.