My cat was stuck in my heater vent for 2 days. (heater off). She finally came out drooling crazy hissing screaming if i

My cat was stuck in my heater vent for 2 days. (heater off). I couldn't get her out for anything. She finally came out today, sat there glaring at me & drooling from her mouth. I try to get near to see if she is ok, and she violently screams & hisses & I cannot get near. She was never the most affectionate cat, but has never behaved like this. What can I do? I don't know if she is ok or hurt. She is just crazy. Thank you

Asked by Member 1073876 on Nov 29th 2011 Tagged stuck, airduct, hissing, screaming in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

It's hard to know what happened to your cat in the vent, but it sounds like something horrific. When a friend's cat was trapped in a wall, we had to set a live "have-a-heart" trap for it. We found a vet through a local humane society who treats feral cats, because the cat was acting wild, like your's is. My friend's cat was examined, x-rayed and given a short course of some calming medication. It was a stressful process, but in the end, the cat was OK. (And her access to the hole in the wall was sealed up.)