My cat was nice & suddenly she is mean to one of her brothers for no reason i can think of. (she hisses & growles @ him)

She was nice until she & one of her brothers accidentally went outside... she is only nice to the one that did not go outside. Also- she now hisses and runs away from me. This is not her normal behavior. Is she in heat? is she pregnant? Is she just mad about something that happened outside? I just don't know what to think, and i want my sweet kitty back.

Asked by Member 1071518 on Nov 18th 2011 Tagged suddenly, mean, months, cats in Aggression

Answers

If you truly want your sweet kitty back, have her spayed. As long as she goes into heat (cats don't go through menopause so that will be a long time) she will have one thing on her mind, mating and bearing kittens that, with the extreme overpopulation of homeless kittens, there is no room for any more. She is hormonal and that can change her entire personality. It's possible she was attacked or abused when she went out. It usually only takes one outside experience to stop a cat from being content indoors. Until you have her spayed and the males neutered if they aren't, please don't let them out. By having them fixed, you will become a part of the solution and stop being part of the problem.