My cat was let outside a couple days ago. Havent seen him since. Should i be worried?

So my cat Marley is going to be one in a couple of weeks. On tuesday we let him outside, we let him outside alot and he always comes back when we call him. This time he didnt. We couldnt find him anywhere. We left a blanket and some food out in the garage with the door a tiny bit open. He still hasnt come back and irs thursday. We have been walking around the block calling for him and shaking a bag of temptations (he loves em!) but still no sign of him. Should i be worried?

Asked by Member 1101919 on May 31st 2012 Tagged lost, cat, missing, notfound in Behavior & Training

Answers

Well, yes. He may have been hit by a car, mauled by an animal, stuck in something, or picked up by someone. Have you called your local shelter/animal control to see if anyone turned him in? Ask your neighbors if you can look in/under sheds, decks, porches, crawl spaces, etc. Cats usually don't go very far. If you do happen to find him, best advice is never to let him out again. Outdoor cats are exposed to many dangers, as well as fleas, ticks, injury, and disease.

What do you think? I've had 2 outdoor cats in my life and lost them both to traffic. I now keep my 3 babies secured and safe inside. If your cat isn't neutered, he could be out there having fun, or he could already be at the Rainbow Bridge. I hope he comes back and everything is OK and that you keep him in from now on.

Sheba

He might be off in search of a mate, but the next time you see him, keep him inside until you get him neutered!

Sheba answered on 6/1/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Sorry but the average life span of a cat that goes outdoors is 2 to 5 years. If he comes home make him an indoor cat if you want him to be around when he is 20. www.littlebigcat.com
I hope you already have him home.