My cat wakes up every day at 4 am and won't let me go back to sleep. She meows, scratches the sofa. Help?

Gaia is a 9 months girl, she has been neutered.
I live in a very luminous studio with a small but nice balcony.
She didn't do this before. She usually woke up around 7, asked for food and that was it.
Now she does it at 4 am. She doesn't want her food, or water. She just walks around the house meowing, throwing whatever she can find on the table and clinging into the sofa. While meowing.
She is also more aggressive.
What can it be? Help? It's been two weeks and I really need to sleep.

Asked by Member 1197889 on Nov 6th 2013 Tagged meowingscratchingagressivesleeping in Noisiness

Answers

It sounds like your cat is craving attention and that you work outside the home. You need to buy her a cat condo/tree, more toys, scratchers and a window perch to give her more to do when you are home and away. There is even a looping cat babysitter dvd that you can play on your tv for her while you are out. You need to IGNORE the bad behavior (like a screaming, tantrummy child) so that it does not continue. If you've responded to her at all regardless of what way, you will have to brek her of the habit, which will take twice as long as it did to form. Put sticky paws and no go spraY wherever you do not want her to stay, and eventually the negative behaviors will go away. Until then, keep a pair of earplugs handy and Happy meowlidays! ^_^