My cat tries many times to clear his throat as if to spit out a fur ball. Clear water comes out the nose. No furball.

For a week or so, my cat has been trying to clear his throat as if to spit out a fur ball. But nothing comes out after a few tries. He does it 3 or 4 times a day. Sometimes drops of clear fluid come out of his nose. One day I even heard his purr sound kinda wheezy. His voice was rasy. But when I put him near a fireplace, he got better. Does my cat have some respiratory problem?

Asked by Member 1142530 on Nov 27th 2012 Tagged cat, furball, raspymeow in Health & Wellness

Answers

Even if we were vets here, it would be impossible to diagnose what's up with your kitty and suggest treatment for him. It might be an upper respiratory infection which is like a kitty cold, but in a body that little, can be much more serious than a human cold and requires vet care. It could also be allergies which have a lot of the same symptoms we suffer from when we're allergic to something. It could even be a growth in his throat or some sort of digestive upset. At least call your vet and describe what's happening to them. Let them advise you on what the best course of action is.