My cat Toby runs around the house then he goes into another room (away from me) and crys loudly.

Sometimes he attacks my other cat Sammy after having these fits. he also got hit by a car before i adpoted him from the shelter. it only hurt his toenail. i wonder if he may have hit his head (when he got hit by the car) and is having seizures.

Asked by Member 1072312 on Nov 21st 2011 in Noisiness

Answers

It's very difficult to say why Toby does what he does w/o having a degree in Cat Psychology, if there is such a thing! I can tell you that my cats all do this, too. Catsters call it "Kitten Krazies" and cats of all ages do it. Lizzie will jump straight up in the air and then take off as if the Devil himself were after her. Then, if Izzie is around, she might jump straight over his back and land on his head. It's not a seizure. But, I have to ask if, when Toby was hit, was he vetted? There is no way of knowing how badly he was hurt unless he went to the doctor's and had a complete exam. Hopefully, the shelter did vet him and he was treated. I'm also assuming that since he came from a rescue that he is also neutered. In any case, I wouldn't worry about him. What he's doing sounds normal and is not a "fit". He should be going to the vet every year for a check-up anyway. At that time, you can ask his vet any questions you might have.