sydney

My cat seems to be constipated are there any home cures to get her going?

Asked by sydney on Oct 1st 2013 Tagged health in Food & Nutrition

Answers

Kaylee & Amelia

Pure canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling) is good for both constipation and diarrhea, strangely. I have used it for both. Just mix a teaspoon into her food for a couple of meals and that should clear up the problem. If she doesn't poop in a day or so, it might be a more serious issue and warrant a vet visit. Good luck!

Kaylee & Amelia answered on 10/2/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

There is an over the counter product called Laxotone that comes in different flavors like regular, tuna, natural and catnip and small or large size tubes (small $5, large $10). My cats beg for it when I say treat; you can put it on their paw, or mine lick it off my finger. You also might want to give 1/2 a small can of wet food as a treat 2x a week and add another water bowl to ensure she is drinking enough. Greenies SmartBites treats have a digestive care variety with coconut fiber that comes in salmon flavor. If you try all these and she still seems to be straining when she goes, please see your vet! ^_^

Nicholas

I agree with the other answer: pumpkin and Laxatone but if your cat constantly has hard stools she made need PEG (polyethylene glycol) powder. It is basically a fiber supplement that your vet can precribe. My cat gets an 1/8 of a tsp mixed in his wet food every morning. Works wonders!! Excercise and lots of fresh water keeps things moving too! Good Luck!

Nicholas answered on 10/9/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer