My cat scratches and has scabs all over he body. HEr hair is falling off.

My cat scratches a lot and has scabs all over her body. The hair is falling in the back end or wherever she has scabs. What can I do for her?

Asked by Member 1024253 on Dec 3rd 2011 Tagged health, products in Health & Wellness

Answers

You should take her to a vet to confirm what is wrong. It could be a flea allergy/sensitivity, excema or even ringworm. A flea allergy is probably the most likely and the vet will probably give her capstar/othe flea meds and you'll need to use something like DeFlea to treat the house. He may also need to give her something to help the irritation and trat any infection while she heals. Cats with flea allergies are very sensitive to flea bites so if it is this you'll need to keep her and the house clear of fleas.

Its possible it could be ringworm. Very possible. You can treat the cat with apple cider vinegar. Works quicker than OTC meds. And safer is your kitty licks it. Use a spray bottle to spray the scabs. If you have a black light at home the hair around the scabs may glow if it is ringworm.