My cat recently started to mark a small spot on my carpet. It appears to be just a few drops no odor and is light pink

Asked by Member 1158680 on Mar 9th 2013 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

If she's not spayed, she could be coming into heat, in which case you need to get her to her vet asap or face being presented with a litter of kittens. In any case, any time there is any discharge coming out of any place on a pet, it's time to call the vet before it gets worse.

Gabriel

Other possibilities include urinary problem which may turn into a life-threatening emergency if not treated. Cats often urinate a small spot in this way in front of their owners when they have a urinary problem, trying to let their owner know something's wrong. My mom's cat urinated on a newspaper she was reading on the living room floor of her house. My brother's cat jumped up & urinated a little spot on the kitchen counter when he was fixing dinner. My Gabe just recently urinated on the carpet in front of me to tell me he had a urinary problem. In all these cases, the spot was blood tinged & alerted us humans to the fact that the cat had a urinary problem & needed the vet ASAP!

Gabriel answered on 3/15/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer