my cat of 14 yrs won't come in the house i feel like shes scared of something i feed her out there, shes healthy

i have picked her up and brought her into the house put her on my lap and pet her then 2 min later she jumps up and off to the door. i don't want to stress her out by making her stay in because of her age

Asked by Member 1135064 on Oct 9th 2012 Tagged scaredbutfriendlywontcomeinside in Behavior & Training

Answers

In my experience, outdoor cats LOVE being outside, even though they don't realize that it's dangerous out there, especially when they age and their reactions times slow down. Chances are your cat isn't "afraid" to be in your house unless when she comes in she's hiding. She's found something outside that interests her more than what's inside. You might want to try feeding her indoors. And, make sure she has all her vaccinations and health exams up to date.