my cat needs to take her medicine and won't what can I do?

the medicine is given through syringe and should be inserted into her mouth

Asked by Member 889531 on Sep 20th 2009 in Medications

Answers

When I had to give my little old man,Shizzie oral medication through a syringe, I would first wrap him in a towel. I sat with him next to me in a chair with him between my hip and the arm of the chair. I put pressure on him but didn't hurt him. I put my hand with the syringe around his neck and inserted it into the corner of his mouth. Cats don't like to be confined, so do it quickly,and you might want to ask someone for help as well.

Minuit AKA Miss Meany

This should help you.

www.youtube.com

When Miss Meany needed meds, I asked the vet to show me the best way to give it to her. I would practice before leaving to ensure I had it down. The safest and quickest way to give the meds is the best thing and makes it much easier for cat and human. Never be afraid to ask your vet for help, that is what their there for.
Good luck.

Minuit AKA Miss Meany answered on 9/21/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

When I had to take some white liquid stuff the mom put it on some yummy canned cat food. That was a treat for me so I gobbled it up that way.
Of course, all the cats had to have some and we got addicted to having a spot of canned food each morning. ;-)