My Cat (Mollie) will not stop crying whenever i pick her up or show affection. Is this her personality or me?

She steers clear of all household family members and acts the same with me as she does with me. Any guests are treated the same. Mollie is now nearly 3 years old. She will also constantly cry when she is hungry..approx. every 2 hours. We have another cat who we got at the same time and the two get along together great. Millie (the other cat) doesnt stop drooling or smooching us yet Mollie is the complete opposite. I have noticed that Mollie is constantly on edge, she gets very frightened and timid at strange/loud noises. I am worried that it could be our family and not her personality or maybe an underlying anxiety disorder?!

Asked by Member 1037630 on Jun 17th 2011 Tagged personality, anxiety, crying in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

Peaches

Mollie seems like a very timid cat. Yes, she could have an anxiety disorder, but don't feed her every two hours because she will become overweight. Show her cat toys and see if she plays with you. If she refuses to do anything with you don't push her to play and you will have to let her be timid.

Peaches answered on 6/17/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Sammy

Well it sounds like the cat we have Sammy is the same age and has been an indoor cat all her life until she came to us we had to slowly confince her that the outside world is not that bad she has since went out of the door and into the outside world and now she loves it only when she wants to go outside though it took us almost a year to conquore the fear of going out the door when we first got her it took her a month and a half to come up stairs and a nother month and a half to come up stairs when guests are here and 6 months to get her to go outside on her own and the slightest move you made she would run down stairs faster than you could blink and it would take her 1 to 2 days to come back up it was bad but im glad she came out of her shell and can be with the family instead of being down stairs scared my dad was worried that she would die the first month we had her and that we would have to teare up the basement to find her body but that didnt happen thank god

Sammy answered on 6/18/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Spike

Unfortunately, some cats never warm up to humans. I had one cat, the daughter of a feral, who spent six years in the closet before I gave her back to the vet who had originally given her to me. She now lives in his cat sanctuary, where she coninues to eschew humans, but has fallen in love with another girl cat.

Spike answered on 6/20/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer