My cat Michelle died from getting hit by a car so i think.... as my fiance was backing up he felt a bump and heardMichel

My cat Michelle died from getting hit by a car so i think.... as my fiance was backing up he felt a bump and heardMichelle scream. Michelle was a 17 year old dwarf orange tabby.we saw michelle running and lifting her left leg up there was no bleeding or any other injuies other than her left back leg she was kicking up. She ran to her favorite spot and her left leg was kicking still and it looked like she was gasping for air, she then put her leg down and she continued to gasp for air ( what felt like forever but it was only 2 min or less) what i want to know is did she did from her leg being hit, is it common for only the back left leg to get hit, is it possible she died from internal bleeding and why was there no bllod even after she died.

Asked by Member 1136420 on Oct 18th 2012 in Loss of a Pet

Answers

I am so sorry for your loss and trauma. Without a necropsy, it's impossible to tell exactly why she died. The car may have crushed her insides and caused internal bleeding. Again, our sympathies to you and your fiance.