My cat Lucky is always clinging to my wallpaper and i cant get her to stop any suggestions

She is 5 month old

Asked by Member 1147912 on Jan 2nd 2013 in Scratching

Answers

Your cat is still a baby, and babies need to learn what is acceptable behavior and what isn't. She could be attracted to the smell of the adhesive, or she could just be bored. I got my cats one of those carpeted towers ("cat condos"# and they LOVE it. Cats LOVE to climb and this could also be what she's doing, just experimenting to see what's fun. When Lizzie started chewing on our Christmas tree, I pulled out the spray bottle, said "NO!" #I didn't shriek# and sprayed NEXT to her, not ON her. It only took twice and she stopped. Make sure your kitten has plenty of opportunities to play on her own and also with you; the most important Big Cat in her life. Never hit her or shriek at her. Distract her when she starts climbing up your walls by providing lots of interesting toys on the ground. There are sites on how to make homemade toys. One of Izzie's favorites is a toilet-tissue tube that I've tied a piece of yarn to and pull along the floor. Cost? Practically free!