Slyvy

My cat loves the smell of smoke?

My cat is 5 and a half and she loves the smell of smoke. Both my boyfriend and I smoke cigars on occasion. My cat will sleep with her head ON the ashtray after we've finished and prefers to sleep on the clothes we've smoked in, even when there's a bed and smoke free clothes available. Does anyone know why my cat loves the smell of cigar smoke so much?

Asked by Slyvy on Dec 29th 2011 in Behavior & Training

Answers

Cali

Different cats get excited by different things with strong aromas. Some in my family go bonkers for fresh celery, one loses his mind if he gets a whiff of anything with acetone in it. Celery isn't a problem, we let them get their kicks, but obviously we won't let Nips get high sniffing nail polish remover and you shouldn't let Slyvy into the ash tray. Cats are much smaller than people and have much smaller, more delicate livers. What is pretty bad for you can be VERY bad for them, so smoke somewhere kitty isn't allowed and please lock up those ash trays when you're done! Also make sure the unsmoked cigars and cigar butts are kept out of her reach- our human grandma absentmindedly left a cigarette out once and someone came and chewed it up- not good for kitties at all! Yuck!

Cali answered on 12/29/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer