My cat keeps me awake all night long! How do I get him to stop this and sleep when I do at night?

Asked by Member 537103 on Nov 26th 2007 in Noisiness

Best Answer

This is rather extreme, but maybe if you got another kitty they'd entertain each other at night. That's why my three do. I find things in weird places in the morning, but so far they amuse themselves at night. It's not possible for Little Izzard to sleep in bed with us because he likes to chew toes at 1AM, so he has to be shut out of the bedroom. If your cat is a kitten, this will probably change as he gets older. My two older kitties (Ernie is a year and Delilah is about 4) sleep in their beds all night long. Does kitty have his own sleeping place? If you make him a nice nest, a bed might cost you a few bucks at PetsMart, but he might like the idea better than hasseling you all night. Also, like the other answer said, pay mucho attention to him before bedtime and then he won't me meowing you for.

Izadore (Izzie) answered on Nov 27th.

Answers

Mom has that problem with me, we have a hearty play session in the evening and mom puts my favorite toys (my mice) up where I can't reach them and I sleep all night in bed.

Salem

I used to do that with my mommy. She started feeding me snacks before bed so my tummy would be full and I would sleep with her.

Salem answered on 11/26/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Willow

My little girl use to keep me up at night too with scratching and running around. I used lemon juice for her to stop scratching my bed to detour that. I also feed her closer to when I go to bed and it's helped considerably.

Willow answered on 11/27/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer