My cat keeps howling since she came home!

We were reunited with Tulula in january after she went missing for FIVE months! I cried when I saw her and she clearly recognised me, so happy! She had lost so much weight but other than that she was amazingly ok. Anyway, since then she has constantly cried! She hates being left alone, which I completly understand, at night shes silent, but during the day shes calling, for what I have no idea, she almost 4, spayed. There are two theories to why she went. 1, she got spooked, or (more likely sadly) she was stollen for breeding. She has a scar on her scruff where the vet beleives her chip was taken out. Im worried something aweful happened in those 5 months, how can I reassure her that shes safe now? She did bite when she first came home but shes stopped that now, and is building her weight up nicely. Clean bill of health from the vets who did blood, stool and urine tests

Asked by Member 1210706 on Mar 8th 2014 in Other Adoption & Rescue

Answers

She could be scared or calling out for a new friend that she made. Purebred cats are safest inside, and now you understand why. She needs affection and patience at this time. You have no way of knowing exactly what happened to her while she was missing, but you can do your best to make up for it by tolerating her noisiness. She will probably stop howling by the end of the year... just don't let her outside again, even if it keeps her quiet. Congrats that you were both reunited! ^_^

Could she have given birth to a litter while she was gone? Maybe she's crying for her babies