Queso

My cat keeps escaping outside. He has no claws so he got into a fight tonight and he injured his ear.

I need help on how to prevent this in the future.

Asked by Queso on Oct 21st 2012 Tagged catfight, escape, help in Behavior & Training

Answers

Once a cat gets a taste of the outside world, it's very difficult to change his behavior. If his ear is very badly injured, he needs to go to the vet because the possibility of infection is there and he should be checked out to make sure he wasn't injured anywhere else. I don't know if it would work for Queso, but when Izzie started to try to bolt outside, I had my son hide at the side of the door (out of sight) with a spray bottle or a soda can with pennies inside. When Izzie tried to bolt, my son would pop out and either spray over his head or shake the can. Izzie avoids the open door like the plague now. Because you know Queso will bolt, you need to be extra careful when you open a door. That's about all you can do.