my cat just started using his paws to move his water bowl and puts his paw into the bowl to see if water is in it.

He will have water in his bowl and where he spilled it on the floor and drink out of the toilet.

Asked by Member 1077955 on Dec 2nd 2013 in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

Cats do this instinctually to see how deep the water is. They like to face out (think of a lion at a watering hole) and not face in towards a wall. There will be less spilling if your cat can walk around the bowl with room. There are also spill-less bowls that you can buy from premier, or water fountains (your guy would probably love that! ^_^

Some cats will do that. I used to know a cat that would stick her paw in her water bowl & lick the water off her paw. That's not so strange. I would suggest keeping the toilet lid down at all times. I don't think it's a good idea for animals to be drinking water out of a toilet.