My cat is wheezing and sounds like he is trying to cough up a hair ball. No hair ball comes, fecal and urine are normal,

Asked by Member 1119794 on Jul 9th 2012 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Sounds like your fur baby has a hair ball & just can't get it out.
Wipe a bit of Vasaline on his paw (unscented usually works best, but mine love the baby powder Vasaline cuz they are weird)
Your little guy will lick it off his paw whether he wants to or not & the Vasaline will make it able to pass the hair ball into his digestive tract and poo it out.
I usually give my guys a small dollop once a month to keep them hairball free.

I worry about the wheezing part. It could indicate an upper respiratory infection or even an allergy to something. Keep an eye on him. If he stops eating, starts to hide or act unusually lethargic, at least call your vet to ask for further advice.

If the apartment gets too dirty, I'll start sneezing. Once I started sneezing ALOT & I was making what the vet referred to as "air sounds". I certainly seem to have a huge problem with dust. As long as Mommy gives the apartment awesome very through cleanings, then I'm ok. That would be something to consider since dirt & dust is bad for all. Let's face it, not everyone cleans as they should. I still think that a vets visit is in order. You may want to try Pro Pet Hairball Gel at Walmart. It's inexpensive & it works great! It's the only kind I like.

My cat, Sam, had the symptoms that you have described. The vet took an x-ray and diagnosed him with asthma and prescribed prednisone - which took care of the problem.

Mommie Mommie 2004-2012

Just like you when a cat is wheezing that is a sign of a lung condition. I don't know where you live or if the cat goes outside--perhaps it is so hot or perhaps he got into something. A visit to the vet would be in order if this has not cleared up. (I see that you posted this on the 9th). Hope all is well.

Mommie Mommie 2004-2012 answered on 7/12/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer