Jack

My cat is walking with his tail down, he lets you touch it but gets annoyed if you do it for too long. My vets is closed

Asked by Jack on Dec 9th 2007 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Lakoda

Many cats don't like their tails touched. It's possible Jack is not feeling great, but it doesn't sound like any cause for panic.

Is there anything he could have gotten into? Plants, sewing needles/thread?

Keep a close eye on him, and make sure he is eating, drinking and using his litter box.

If he is still acting differently, then you may just want to drop him off for a quick check up in the morning.

We cats keep many things hidden from our humans.

Purrs Jack will be himself soon.

Lakoda answered on 12/9/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I agree with Lakoda. Is his tail sore? Cats "talk" with their tails, kind of like dogs do also. If he's just cruisin' around, he's not excited about anything and his tail would be held downwards. If he gets "into" something, his tail will go straight up and sometimes cat's tails 'vibrate'. As cuddly as Izzie is, he doesn't like to be messed with for extended periods either. Try to figure out if your cat is in pain or not feeling well or just in a bad mood!