Boobie

My cat is old. He's 17 years old. Since September he's been peeing and pooping on the floor b/c I guess he cant lift h

Asked by Boobie on Dec 23rd 2013 in Behavior & Training

Answers

When cats get old sometimes they do not want to use the sandbox anymore, especially when their sight becomes impaired or they have to share with other cats. Start putting doggie pee pads in the places where he currently has accidents, and he will smell the puppy attractant and choose to go there. Pookie trained herself to use the pads, and did a good job considering she went blind! It makes the clean-up much easier on our part, and I sprayed with a urine remover like Davis, OxiAdvantage or Bissell Cleaning sprays after to remove any lingering pee and/or odors. Meow to the world ^_^