My cat is not eating and she is sleeping alot. what could be the cause of this?

my cat has recently stopped eating her food and is sleeping alot.She is 1 year and four months old.She has drunk a little water but just seems to want to curl up and sleep its not like her at all. This has been going on for a couple days now..

Asked by Member 546242 on Dec 17th 2007 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Schmoo

Your cat may have eaten something poisonous or a piece of holiday decoration. I personally would bring my cat to the vet right away if he stopped eating. Cats can become very sick, very fast when not eating or drinking. A cat who wants to curl up and not eat or drink is at high risk.

You might try tempting her with a very stinky cat food (like 9-Lives) or some tuna. If she isn't attracted to it or ignores it, go to the vet right away!

Schmoo answered on 12/17/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Boris

Please take her to a vet as soon as you can. When cats have not eaten for 24 hours or more, they could develop fatty liver disease, and that could kill them. Please don't hesitate to go to a pet ER if you have to.

Boris answered on 12/18/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

More Questions in This Category