my cat is losing the hair from the top of his nose, now has a small round bald spot under his nose next to his nostril

since losing the hair, my cats nose has been dry n flaky but only on the top where the hair is gone

Asked by Member 545163 on Dec 14th 2007 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Of course the first things you need to check for are ringworm and fleas. My dog, an English Springer, also has a ridge of skin on the top of her nose. The vet gave us some skin cream that really didn't do much for her. Since it wasn't irritated or itchy, I just let it be and she's fine. If you notice the bald spot getting bigger, then he probably has an allergy to something. He could also be rubbing the fur off under his nose from trying to "itch" the spot. Watch him closely to see how he behaves, but definitely have him checked for ringworm.